Dr. Petersen is trained and certified in Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration physical qualification standards and is included in the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners. He performs these physicals for both individual drivers and company fleets. For your convenience, we can typically schedule these exams within 1 or 2 days from the time you call. Please allow for at least 45 minutes for your DOT Physical appointment.
Our office provides the required DOT Medical Examination Report and Certificate forms. The thorough examination includes a review of your health history, a urine test (to check for blood and/or sugar in the urine. It is NOT a drug test), and a simple physical exam.
Payment is due at the time of your appointment. Charges for your DOT Physical will not be submitted to insurance carriers. Corporate Fleet rates and payment arrangements may be available. Please contact Petersen Chiropractic Center for more information.
How to Prepare for Your DOT Medical Exam
- Avoid consuming caffeine for at least 12 hours prior to your appointment (this includes coffee, tea, soda pop, chocolate, etc)
- Avoid nicotine use for 2 hours prior to your appointment (cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, pipes, e-cigs, etc)
- Avoid taking aspiring and medications containing aspirin (if possible) prior to your appointment as aspirin contains caffeine
- Drink plenty of WATER. You will need to produce a small urine sample
- Bring a list of ALL medications you are currently taking, along with the name, address and phone number of your Primary Care Physician. Please include the name of the medication, the dosage and the frequency.
- If you are diabetic, bring recent lab reports
- Bring your glasses if needed for driving
- Bring your hearing aids if needed for driving
Please arrive on time for your appointment and wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing